Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and let us know you were here.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Consignment Shopping

Consignment Shopping...What is it and how do you do it?

A good defination for Consignment Shopping is a store that you take your new or nearly new items (usually clothes) to and they sell them for you. After the sale the store keeps a pre-set precentage of what the item sold for.

I have both bought and sold items at consignment. Let's start by talking about buying items. First off, find a store that only accepts items that are
  • Current style- purchased new within the past two (2) years.

  • New or near-new condition.

  • In Season- No wool sweaters in the summer and shorts in the winter. 

  • This will insure that you are going to get a great deal, and that it will last you a good long while.

    When you go to the store, know ahead of time what you are looking for. I, myself, have bought scrubs and a formal dress for a cruise. I have always been very pleased with everything I have bought and you won't believe the compliments I got on my dress that I only paid $40 for!

    Tomorrow, I will talk about how to sell your items in a consignment store.. stay tuned!