Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and let us know you were here.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lists...


It's been a LONG week. For those of you who don't know, I work 2 jobs; have 3 kids, a disabled hubby, doing working in my church and this blog. Of course, one could argue that my kids are mostly grown and don't need much momma time, but even at 21, 18, and 13, some attention is required. And believe it or not... Darling Hubby needs attention too.


So how do I fit it all in you ask?
LISTS
That's right, I make lists.
I have lists of Big Projects that I need to get done during the year. (Doesn't matter when... just some time in 2011) This Year long list includes things like updating my 72 hour kits, defrosting the freezers and raking leaves in the fall. All are big projects, but all only need to be done once or maybe twice a year.
This list goes in my planner, right in front of the current month.

2011 Big Project list. If it is crossed off in
pink, that means I did it for the year!

Then I make lists of things that need to be done every month. Sending out birthday cards to my nieces and nephews, visiting my assigned ladies from church, balancing my checkbook to name a few.
This list goes in my planner right next to my Big Project list.
Monthly to do list


Next is my Daily list (I don't have a weekly list... most week's are the same)
I take my calendar and list my week's schedule. This includes my Daily Chore Chart, appointments for the week and any small or large projects I wish to accomplish (or work on!).
Weekly/Daily todo list


close up view of daily list


There are some things on my schedule that I try to NEVER  cancel. My #1 top priority is DATE NITE on Friday nights with my Darling hubby. #2 is Scouts/YM on Thursday eves for my 13 year old and #3 is Family time on Sunday afternoons. Since my older two boys have moved out I try to at least call them and check in on them, or visit when they show up with laundry!

I do promote flexibility, otherwise it will all fall apart. But I also let everyone know, if it’s important to you, make sure mom knows and it gets put on the calendar!

And That's What Works for Me!