Fall is here!
It's a perfect time to look around and see what needs to be done around the house to get ready for winter. Some things to think about are
- Cleaning and store your tools and other outdoor items
- Dipping metal garden tools in a mixture of motor oil and sand serves to clean and lubricate them.
- Garden hoses, make sure to empty all the water from hoses and to store them in the garage.
- Clean out and check your car, including tire pressure (which changes at different temperatures.)
- Cover grills that are left outside. If you wheel a grill into the garage, then make sure to leave propane tanks covered outside since they pose a severe flammability risk.
- Keep firewood covered in a sheltered area outdoors. Just make sure to keep a space between the wood stack and the outside wall of your home to prevent possible termite or insect damage to your house
- Rake the leaves and use them for compost.
What do you do to get ready for fall?