Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and let us know you were here.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Twightwad Tuesday- MTurk

I don't think I've ever talked about Amazon's M Turk. This is short for "Mechanical Turk." MTurk is a place for businesses to find workers and a place for workers to pick the "hit" and work on their own time frame.

In a nutshell, you make money by working on "hits." HITS are Human Intellegence Tasks. As a MTurk worker you can work from home, choose your own hours and get paid.  Browse through the HITs and click on the one that interests you. Accept the HIT and follow the instructions. When you're done, submit your work. After the requester approves your work, money is deposited into your Amazon Payments account.

You can choose to have your payment sent to your Amazon account or deposited into your bank account. I have done both and have had no problems.

I like MTurk for the simplicity of it. You can work as much or as little as you want. I usually find surveys to do, don't take much time and pay an average of $0.20 to as much as $1 per survey. Some tasks are super simple and require very little time and you are paid literally pennies, and some take more time and are paid more.

You won't get rich doing MTurk. I have been doing it for 3 years this next month and I have earned $264.18. I don't put a lot of time into it, and I don't do it everyday. But those pennies and dimes add up. Try it out, might be something you can do for your family.