Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and let us know you were here.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tight Wad Tuesday- February round up

TightWad Tuesdays

It's the time of the month when I get to encourage you to think outside the box for ways to financially help your family. Here are some of the things I do to help my family:


My Jingit  income for February was $1.25. I can cash this onto a prepaid card I can use anywhere.
Jingit is a newer income-earning program that pays you to watch videos online. You can also earn money for downloading the mobile app, scanning items at Walmart, and answering a couple of questions. Since they are fairly new, the earnings are still quite low. In fact, for most of February there were not any tasks to do. But according to their Facebook page, March 11 will be a great date! Looking forward to that.


My favorite way to earn money is Swagbucks, in February, I earned 3524 Swagbucks, enough for 2 $5 Amazon gift cards, and for a change this month a $25 PayPal credit. I've not gotten the PayPal credit before, but I figured, it's cash so I will try it.




Irazoo is a lot like Swagbucks, it rewards you points for, completing offers, surveys, watching videos, playing games, and other tasks. Points can can be exchanged for gift cards. It takes 3000 points to earn 1 $5 Amazon gift card. The downside to Irazoo is it takes about a month after I request the codes to get them, which is kind of slow. But, over time... In February I earned 4319 points, cashed out for 1 $5 Amazon gift card, with a nice start for March earnings.



Win 100K credits.Bing rewards is a lot like Swagbucks. By spending just a few minutes per day, you can easily earn a $5 Amazon gift card every month. You start a free account and for every 3 searches using Bing, you earn points. You can earn up to 30 credits per day by searching. They also often give you "daily tasks" which are quick and easy way to earn more credits. My total for February was 940 credits this is enough for one $5 Amazon gift card. 10 credits shy of a second one.. oh well, maybe I'll get 3 gift cards for March!


Mturk was pretty good this month. I earned $ 5.23. I like this because I can choose to have my payout in cash to my bank account or deposited into my Amazon account. For February I am choosing to not cash out and roll it into March. I really don't want to cash out till it's about $50.


Instant cash sweepstakes was a small amount, but for the minutes I put into it, it is worth it. Especially since the payout amount is only $2 it doesn't take long to reach it. In February I earned. $0.47. Combined with what I made in January, I have a total of $1.11, hopefully will be able to cash out in March. (and this literally takes 2 minutes a day!)

With my Amazon Seller account, I sold a bunch of books and videos and I made $43.

In the middle of the month I was awarded a Big Fat Payment of $7.03 from Ebates. Ebates is a great place to start if you are shopping online. It works like this, start your online shopping at Ebates and pick the store you want to shop at. Purchases you make at Ebates stores are only credited if you start your shopping session at Ebates.com and click to a store via an Ebates link. It's easy to earn up to 25% of your cost back and you get paid quarterly.

My total rewards was $96.75 My time invested was approximately 18 hours. That's $5.37 per hour. I will never get rich doing this stuff...but every little bit helps.
Allyssabeth's Hidden Treasures

I also donated plasma, that was about 3 hours of work and I made $100. I also sold a few things on consignment with Allyssabeths Hidden Treasures and made $50.00

So if I add in those figures, and the 4 more hours of my time I spent doing those activities, my "hourly wage" becomes $11.21.