Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and let us know you were here.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

TightWad Tuesday-- April Roundup





TightWad Tuesdays
 


 It's the time of the month when I get to encourage you to think outside the box for ways to financially help your family. I have to say that April was a really bad month, not only in terms of my husband passing away, but also finding time to do some of my "extracurricular" activities to earn extra money.
 
 
My favorite way to earn money is Swagbucks. in April, I earned 3650 Swagbucks, (just a smidgen more than in March- every month, just a bit more.) Again this month, I have enough for 2 $5 Amazon gift cards, and a $25 PayPal credit. I debated between the two. I like the Amazon Gift Cards, but it is nice to have a little something in my Paypal account also. Dollar wise, still the same amount. $25 and $10 or if I were to get all Amazon cards, would be $35 worth there. I am just short of getting a third Amazon $5 card.
 
Instant cash sweepstakes was a small amount, but for the minutes I put into it, it is worth it. Since the payout amount is only $2 it doesn't take long to reach it. In April I earned $0.87 which is the most I have ever earned in a month. I have a total of $2.86 and the cash out level is $2 so I will cash it all out. They send it to my Paypal account.
 
Jingit is a income-earning program that pays you to watch videos online. You can also earn money for downloading the mobile app, scanning items at different stores, and answering a couple of  questions. I was disappointed in the amount I made here this month. It was only $0.10, and there were not any opportunities to earn. I will just let my dime ride and see how May goes!
 
Bing rewards is a lot like Swagbucks. By spending just a few minutes per day, you can easily earn a $5 Amazon gift card every month. You start a free account and for every 3 searches using Bing, you earn points. You can earn up to 30 credits per day by searching. They also often give you "daily tasks" which are quick and easy way to earn more credits. My total for April was 1243 credits this is enough for 2 $5 Amazon gift cards.
 
With Mturk I earned a decent amount $4.96. I spent about an hour total. I like Mturk because I can choose to have my payout in cash to my bank account or deposited into my Amazon account. For  April I am choosing to not cash out and roll it into May. I really don't want to cash out till it's about $50. (Right now it's at $29.09.)

Irazoo is also lot like Swagbucks. It rewards you points for completing offers, surveys, watching videos, playing games, and other tasks. Points can then be exchanged for gift cards. It takes 3000 points to earn 1 $5 Amazon gift card. Points are fairly easy to earn. The downside to Irazoo is it takes

about a month after I request the codes to get them, which is kind of slow. In April I earned 4072 points, cashed out for 1 $5 Amazon gift card..


My total rewards was $57.92 My time invested was approximately 10 hours. That's $5.79 per hour. I will never get rich doing this stuff...but every little bit helps.
 
 
What do you do to make a little extra cash?


Linking up to one or more of these parties: