Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and let us know you were here.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tight Wad Tuesday- May Roundup


 

TightWad Tuesdays
 
 
Welcome back to Tightwad Tuesday's Monthly Round up edition. This is the time of the month when I get to encourage you to think outside the box for ways to financially help your family.

I did something different this month and I held my very first, (maybe the last), yard sale. I've been cleaning and purging this past month and I came up with all this:



 A friend of mine suggested I have a yard sale rather than just make multiple trips to Goodwill. So I said why not. So we had the sale and I made $346. After I calculated my time setting up, cleaning up and the sale it self, I made $30 per hour. Not too shabby..

I didn't neglect my other ways to make a few dollars though. (Well not completely...)

Mturk  still didn't get the amount of attention it deserves. I earned $2.21. I spent about an half hour total. I could make a lot more if I really put the time in. Once again I will re-commit myself to really trying to do it more. I like Mturk because I can choose to have my payout in cash to my bank account or deposited into my Amazon account. For May I am choosing to not cash out and roll it into June. I really don't want to cash out till it's about $50. (Right now it's at $31.30.)

Instant cash sweepstakes was a small amount, but for the minutes I put into it, it is worth it. In May I earned $2.80 which is the most I have ever earned in a month. The cash out level is $2 so I will cash it all out. They send it to my Paypal account.

Jingit again was a disappointment to me. I didn't earn anything. Not that there weren't offers, but the offers were for stores I don't normally shop at. Sometimes your TIME is worth more than running around trying to score a deal. Hopefully, June will be better.

Irazoo rewards you points for completing offers, surveys, watching videos, playing games, and other tasks. Points can then be exchanged for gift cards. It takes 3000  points to earn 1 $5 Amazon gift card. Points are fairly easy to earn.  In May I earned 7230 points, cashed out for 2 $5 Amazon gift cards.



Bing rewards   is super easy program in which to earn Amazon gift cards (or other prizes) every month. You start a free account and for every 3 searches using Bing, you earn points. You can earn up to 30 credits per day by searching. They also often give you "daily tasks" which are quick and easy way to earn more credits. My total for May was 1040 credits this is enough for 2 $5 Amazon gift cards.
 
 
And of course, my favorite way to earn money is Swagbucks. in May, I earned 3880 Swagbucks, (My all time high.) This month, I have enough for 3 $5 Amazon gift cards, and a $25 PayPal credit.

I also donated plasma one time this month for a total of $15.

My total rewards was $426.11 My time invested was approximately 30 hours. That's $14.20 per hour. I will never get rich doing this stuff...but every little bit helps.
 
 
What do you do to make a little extra cash?




Linking up to one or more of these parties: