Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and let us know you were here.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

TightWad Tuesday June Roundup


 

Tightwad Tuesdays
 
 
Welcome back to Tightwad Tuesday's Monthly Round up edition. This is the time of the month when I get to encourage you to think outside the box for ways to financially help your family. Keep reading for my favorite ways to make an extra bit of cash.

 
Something new I tried this month. It's called ibotta.
ibotta is a free mobile app for smart phones (Android and iPhone) that actually lets you earn cash on your purchases. You can learn facts, watch videos and take one question surveys before purchasing a product to earn cash. Once you have purchased the product, you simply take a picture of your receipt showing your purchase of the item. ibotta allows you to earn up to $40 cash per shopping trip. Once you’ve redeemed offers totaling $5 or more, ibotta lets you transfer your earnings directly to your Pay Pal account.  Choose “Withdraw Cash” from the main menu of the app, then select “Get My Cash” to link ibotta to your Pay Pal account.  In June I earned a whopping $15.75!  Took about 30 minutes to pick my products, and scan the barcodes and upload my receipts.

Bing rewards   is super easy program in which to earn Amazon gift cards (or other prizes) every month. My total credits for June was 759. This was enough for 1 $5 Amazon gift card. I probably could have earned 2, but the site was down for several days during the month.  
 
Instant cash sweepstakes was a small amount, but for the minutes I put into it, it is worth it. In June I earned $0.62. The cash out level is $2 so I will roll it over to next month. 
Mturk  and I have a love/hate relationship! I love that I can cash out at anytime and that there are a lot of tasks in which to earn money. I hate that I simply don't get on it enough to earn decent money. For June I earned $3.65. I spent about an hour total.  For June I am choosing to not cash out and roll it into July. I really don't want to cash out till it's about $50. (Right now it's at $34.95.)


Jingit was a lot better this month.  With watching videos and actually being able to do some check in's at stores, I earned $1.30 for June.


Irazoo rewards you points for completing offers, surveys, watching videos, playing games, and other tasks. Points can then be exchanged for gift cards. It takes 3000  points to earn 1 $5 Amazon gift card. Points are fairly easy to earn.  In June I earned 5573 points, cashed out for one $5 Amazon gift card and have a nice beginning to July.


 
 
And of course, my favorite way to earn money is Swagbucks. In June, I earned 3850 Swagbucks, (My all time high.) This month, I have enough for 4 $5 Amazon gift cards, and a $25 PayPal credit. (That's $45!!!!!)

I also donated plasma one time this month for a total of $15.

My total rewards was $91.32 My time invested was approximately 10 hours. That's $9.13 per hour. I will never get rich doing this stuff...but every little bit helps.
 
 
What do you do to make a little extra cash?




Linking up to one or more of these parties: